Larkin Spivey Finding Faith In War
THE AUTHORBOOKSSPEAKINGBLOGCONTACT

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Memorial Day 2011



Several recent events have acutely focused my attention on the upcoming Memorial Day. Two weeks ago I attended a Memorial Dedication at Camp Lejeune, NC for Force Reconnaissance Marines who were killed in action. As the roll call was read, I heard the names of my good friends Jud Spainhour, Brad Collins, and J. J. Carroll. I heard the names of many other great Marines called that I knew personally or by reputation. It was a sobering and thought provoking experience. I can’t help but think of the lives not lived and the families not started. These personal examples are multiplied by the thousands when we consider all the patriots of the past who have given all in service to their country. God bless them and their loved ones, who will forever have voids in their hearts.
The righteous perish, and no one ponders it in his heart; devout men are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil. ~Isaiah 57:1

No comments:

Post a Comment